17 April 2007

STOP IT!

"Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eath with him, and he with me." Revelation 3:20 (NIV)

Jesus is constantly at my door. I sit and ignore His call often. I do not realize the Power He holds and the salvation He offers. I have tasted eternal life with the belief in Him, but the continuous salvation I seek in this life is not in Him but the world.

An author--Carole Lewis--illustrates this in her Bible lessons. She asked today, if Jesus was physically at the door, what obstacles would I have to overcome to get to Him? What things would I hide before opening the door. I am ashamed to say that there is many.

Wow--Jesus is ALWAYS with me, yet I drift away. I try to live my life out for myself. As Carole Lewis is telling me to do--STOP IT!

Maybe the day is today for me to do this....put Jesus in my life FIRST, ALL OF THE TIME!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home