13 April 2007

Proverbs 4--An eye opener

Yesterday, I was struggling with life in general. God opened this chapter to me and fed my soul...

Proverbs 4:4--my Father said, "Lay hold of my words with all your heart; keep my commands and you will live..." Wow. The truth my Father speaks is so grand--His commands bring life; inversely, rejecting His commands brings death....

He goes on and speaks of wisdom and its protection over us. This is true today with the Holy Spirit! The Wisdom God brings gives us life and protection....

The most powerful part for me, though, was verses 10-19. Keep His instructions in heart, seek righteousness, flee from wicked....the wicked destroy, they cannot sleep, the bread of wickedness and wine of violence destroys them.....\

vs. 18-19--"The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, shining ever brighter till the full lift of day, But the way of the wicked is like deep darkness; they do not know what makes them stumble."

In my rambles this morning, remember that seeking righteousness brings life. We may struggle with sin, but sin has no victory over us....He has won our battle for us with the Cross and Resurrection....Maybe, it is today we may life with this knowledge, not remembering the past but seeking the lively future Jesus has called us to....

God Bless

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home