11 April 2007

Jesus is Knocking

"Here I am! I stand at the door and knock.
If anyone hears my voice and opens the door,
I will come in and eat with him,
and he with me." Revelations 3:20 (NIV)

A powerful verse to be heard, not only as an individual but as a Church as a whole. Where is the American Church today? Divided? Carrying different agendas? Patriotism or Liberalism? Where do you fit?

In the past 16 years, I have learned that both the "Christian Right" and the "Liberal Christian Front" (as I call it) carry not the message of our Savior but of their own agendas. Instead of God's Word molding who they are, they mold God's Word around who they think they are. This is an important difference.

Maybe it is more important to soak up God's Word and put it into action rather than focusing on our other agendas.

I love Jesus! I love serving my Lord and Savior. I love the man He is molding in my life. He is knocking and I pray I am answering (not only as an individual, but a church leader that desires nothing more than He!)

Are you hearing the knocking or are you too busy????

Just a thought

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home