24 June 2006

My Jesus

I was listening to Todd Agnew's song "My Jesus" the other day and just began to ponder who my JESUS was, is, and is to come. So much about Him i don't know. I love his passion for the underprivileged and his love of those who were rejected. He judged harshly the self-righteous and wealthy/comfortable. He healed the sick (both physically and emotionally). He suffered a humiliating, painful death and put our sins to death as well. He rose from the dead leaving our sin behind. He ascended to Heaven after forty days of teaching his disciples.

This I know, but why does He love me? I rejected Him, blamed Him, hated Him for so long and yet He waited for me.

I cannot wait to know Him more and more.

What are your thoughts?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was getting ready to teach the middle school for the first week and I want to theme the entire summer around "the God you've always wanted" .. I want these kids to meet Jesus, know him, find Him because (perhaps for the first time in their life) they genuinely seek him .. so I started the 'series' with a lesson on God's love and it went to the cross .. I even wrote a song on Friday night that I played for them because something about music causes us to feel so deeply and to crave it even more .. so my song was, in my humble opinion, amazing .. it was totally a Spirit thing and God just gave me this beautiful music for a time in my life .. its only hapened twice but i think that this song (much like "Secure My Hope") is going to be one that will mean so much to me .. haha now all I need is talent....

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok ok ok .. so lets leave the question of why he loves us behing for a second because we may never understand outside of the few parents that will probably never read this with wayward children ... but heres what im dealing with .. how can I love Him .. and love Him more ... I have some amazing new thoughts on my love for God that came about after a pipe/long talk with Patrick tonight .. aske me about them cause its too long to post but lets just say that Im spiritually lustful...

1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home