26 April 2006

The Growing Christian

I was praying through John 3 the last few days. What a powerful statement of understanding! Nicodemus comes to Jesus to better understand and Jesus leads him through a journey.

Where are you on your journey? Have you stumbled over the starting line? Are you just warming up? Or are you truly running?

Christ wants us to continue to learn and meditate on His truth. The Bible is an important book, but it is irrelevant if we refuse to seek and wrestle with the Truth God wants us to know.

I challenge you today to wrestle with your journey...where are you?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh the places we have been.. oh to look at the familiar roads and stumbles and victories and to find these patterns so familiar.. well, Kev ill say that it has been a unique summer .. its been real .. ive had fun .. ive seen victories defeats and everything in the nebulous gamut that lies somewhere between these two .. im sick of it .. i hate failure and i dont say this in a "im an overly competative spots person who cusses at people when they lose a game of beach volleyball for my team at a cookout" way but I hate to see myself fail and know that I had better things in store .. i hate to see myself miss opportunities for true joy because i was so wrapped up in my happiness at a particular moment .. the truth is, ive done lot of thinking and journaling recently and this summer thus far has been marked by "one step forward and two steps back" kind of regression .. i said it .. regression .. naysayers need only to know the kind of man I was at school and compare that to the real me right now to agree ... i know the reality of seasons in our life and i know that I may yet come out on top of this whole fight but I also know that earlier this week wont be the last time this summer that Ill throw myself at God in prayerful repentance asking for help that I know I cant live without .. where am I right now? moving, I am walking or running or crawling or dodging but my aim is to go forward and my hope is in Him so Praise the Lord who is sovereign over my petty life because I am moving...

ps.. i actually wrote that song along with Jon at 230 in our parking lot .. it has come to mean so much to me .. hope you enjoyed

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home