11 December 2005

What is Advent?

I have not thought a lot about Advent. What is it? I actually do not know what it actually is. I know that we have an advent wreath at church that is lit every Sunday. We have a short lesson in which I cannot recall what it is on. It typically is a moment in which I and all others around us are looking for a pen, paper, and rustling through the Bible, purse, or other belongings so we can be ready for the preaching.

I am sad to say that I did not know much about the Advent season. So, the challenge for you is this: answer the question, "What is the Advent?"

God Bless,

was

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Advent the period beginning on the fourth Sunday before Christmas and ending on Christmas eve. Advent means comming, and it is a time for preparation for Christmas- the celebration of Christ's cirst comming. Advent also looks ahead to Christ's second comming.

12:16 PM  
Blogger Was said...

I have just learned about the looking ahead to the Second Coming aspect. Do you practice Advent? How does it look in your house?

kev

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home