03 November 2005

God's Allotment for Your Life--Joshua 13

I wonder how many blessings from God I have missed because of my own desires. Rather than listening to the Holy Spirit's lead, I go my own way--with work, ministry, coaching, being a husband and so much more. What if I always followed the call of God and completed the task ahead of me? Unfortunately, the previous opportunities have been passed by never to come back again.

Well, I am not alone in the missed blessings. Read Joshua 13 and find out about missed blessings. In verses 9-14. God told Joshua of His plan to give so much land to the Israelites. But, obviously, for the Israelites, when it came down to driving the people of Geshur and Maacah out, they had already "enough" land or the fear they could not win.

That is so much like today's Christians. We don't pray for "little stuff" because it "doesn't matter." When God calls us to do big stuff, we find reasons not to complete the task.

The question for us today is this--1) How many times have we missed blessings of God because of our own desires? (2) How can we not miss future blessings?


God Bless,

was

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home