20 November 2005

What is the Race?

I believe the components of the race are discipleship (training), prayer (being coached), fellowship among other Christians (support), worship (expression of our race), and evangelism (the actual game).

Now, if these are the components I have view, what am I failing at? Evangelism. I have not had the passion of other siblings in Christ. I practice, I have support, I am well-trained, and yet I do not seem to ever get involved in the actual game--leading others into a saving relationship with Christ.

As Christians, we are to evaluate our own journey with Christ daily. This is not to compare ourselves to other Christians, but to hold our record to that of Christ. Only then can our true journey and our true weaknesses can be revealed. As Paul said in 1 Corinthians 15:31--

"I die every day--I mean that brothers as surely as I glory over you in Christ Jesus our Lord."


Questions to ponder and answer--
1. What are your weaknesses?

2. Where has your journey led you?

3. How do you die daily in Christ?

God Bless,

was

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dying to ourselves -- it's where our true martyrdom starts. =D

Thanks for the e-mail, Was! What an encouragement!

Jiza

2:37 PM  
Blogger Was said...

How do we die to ourselves? That is an important question that must be answered for many to begin their true journey with Christ.

was

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home