15 November 2005

Running the Race--2 Timothy 4:7

"Do you not know that in a race all runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize." 1 Corinthians 9:24-27

"Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called heavenward in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:13-14

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." 2 Timothy 4:7


Paul used the imagery of a race numerous times. Read the scriptures above. Now the question is what is the race you are running? What is the prize in which Christ has called you to obtain?

Ponder and respond...

God Bless

was

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Was,

These verses are always a good reminder about our walk... haha, or rather... running with Jesus. We once made up a game @ camp 2 summer ago modeling after these verse. It was awesome.

I was zipping through some of your entries though. I really liked what you said about "swearing to God". I know that is something I hear alot, especially when I used to go to Smith. But I think the entry that stood out to me the most was your small entry on the Evangelical Movement. Since graduating high school, I've encountered alot of persecution from Evangelical Christians about Catholicism. I have many Protestant brothers & sisters & I love them all. But it's been mainly from their parents or just older adults in general. Accusing me for things we don't do as Catholics or we'll have a Scripture debate & they will argue with me until their faces turn blue, condemning me to hell without really giving me a chance to share. It's as if Christian charity never existed.

So for you to simple say "We must unite in faith and love rather than hatred and judgment" was really encouraging for me. It helped me to continue my hope that one day all of God's people will truly unite in faith & love in One Body in Christ. Thanks, Was.

Jiza

11:46 AM  
Blogger Was said...

Amen sister. I struggle with many of my evangelical brothers and sisters. They forget that our faith is based on Christ alone. I pray, alongside of you, that Christians claim Christianity above their denomination.

was

6:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1000 facebook likes
buy facebook likes

http://www.socialenterpriselive.com/about-us http://drupalcafe.com/node/32
get facebook likes 1000 facebook likes buy facebook likes
it is highly unlikely that a windows virus is going to affect a mac. the virus might spred to the mac partition but as long as the virus was made for windows it is not going to cause any harm to the mac

1000 facebook likes buy facebook likes [url=http://1000fbfans.info]facebook likes [/url] buy facebook likes

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home