20 September 2008

Search for Significance

The modern Church has stated that we can save ourselves. If you really want to be a better person, pull yourself up by the bootstraps and continue on your journey. If you want significance in this world, you must become significant.

This was my journey for the past 15 years. Even after I came to Christ, I believed that prayers for myself would be selfish because I CAN DO ALL THINGS through Christ that strengthens me. Unfortunately, I focused on "I" rather than on Christ.

Today, I confess that I have intellectualized my faith and can talk a good game, Yet, the sin in my life is not from without but within. I want to be significant.

Read the following from Matthew 12:43-45:

43"When an evil[f] spirit comes out of a man, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. 44Then it says, 'I will return to the house I left.' When it arrives, it finds the house unoccupied, swept clean and put in order. 45Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that man is worse than the first. That is how it will be with this wicked generation."

Christ does not call us to become self-reliant but Christ-centered. This has been a long, hard lesson. I know it intellectually, but maybe I can begin to live it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home