06 January 2008

The New Year

How does your new year look? Do you have a change in view? Weight loss? Time management?

Jesus has placed a burden on me. It is time for CHANGE. This change is a deep rooted spiritual perspective. Not superficial, but a change in perspective.

First, the Holy Spirit has revealed a message: "The Significance of being Insignificant." I have suffered from a "savior" perspective, thinking I was significant. I used to be a youth minister. I am a school teacher. I led an independent coffee house ministry for two years. I became the legal authority over my aunt (who is 100% disabled according to psych evaluations). I WAS SIGNIFICANT. People told me this.

Then, Jesus reminded me that "the thief comes to steal, kill and destroy" (John 10:10a). The world told me I was significant. I did not need a savior.

This Christmas break has been revealing. The Holy Spirit explained to me that I sought attention, sought to be important (apart from God). HE reminded me of John 15:5: "apart from me you can do nothing." Wow, I was a "good person" living in SIN.

I challenge you to rethink your walk with Christ. Rather than asking God what you can do for HIM, ask what you must cut out to find a SIGNIFICANT relationship with GOD. Anything less is sin.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home