18 August 2005

An Unexpected Leader--Joshua 2

Think about the leaders you have in your life. Would you think of any of them as "drunks" or "homemakers" or "whores"? Have you heard the complete testimony of the leaders closest to you? Where are you on your walk with Christ? Are you the outstanding, morally perfect person everyone else "expects"?

I thank God everyday that He did not wait for my "perfection" before He met me and used me as a leader. As I stumbled and continue to stumble with sin, God has continuously rewarded my efforts that seek Him. I praise God for His love and mercy that saved me from death and destruction.

Read Joshua 2. The story of Rahab is amazing. A "whore" was used by God to protect His chosen people. What do you think the average Israelite leader would have said if the two spies said, "Oh, by the way, our victory is going to be secured by a prostitute. Oh, before I forget, we promised her protection and actually to include her in our people. Oh, yeah, God is going to allow our Savior's blood line to go through her. Is that OK with you?" Most would have rejected her and the spies with a statement like "Stupid sinners. God only works with the good people."

As Christians, we forget where we come from. I was a sinner and am a sinner. The only difference between me today and eight years ago is I am a repentant sinner. I seek my salvation through Christ, the atoning sacrifice for my sin.

So, remember, no matter where you are today in your spiritual journey--a repentant sinner looking for Christ's direction or a person who has no idea what that means--God can use you if you are willing.

Remember, Jesus came to save the sick, not the righteous. Jesus used the fishermen, a tax collector, and other lesser people as leaders rather than the accepted religious leaders of the day. If God can use a prostitute, a tax-collector, an uneducated person, and even a murderer, I truly believe He can use you where you stand today. Do not go and "change" yourself; allow God to love you and mold you.

was

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home